Following President Ramaphosa’s announcement on Monday, 23 March 2020, of a national shutdown to combat the spread of COVID-19, the Ombudsman for Banking Services (OBS) have adhered to his request and enforced the requested lockdown of our office premises.
The OBS was prepared and able to adopt the following measures to ensure the wellbeing of our employees, our fellow SA citizens but at the same time continue to serve bank customers with their banking complaints:
- All OBS employees have been equipped to work from home during this period and will be available electronically during office hours;
- All landline telephone numbers (direct lines) have been transferred to our employees at their respective homes and calls will be forwarded automatically;
- Our Call Centre Agents have also been equipped to work remotely and will continue responding to incoming calls on the office landline and call centre number, during office hours;
- All physical meetings have been cancelled and meetings will now be held via Zoom and/or other electronic meeting facilities;
- The OBS reception will be closed for any visitors and/or deliveries;
- Our receptionist will continue to attend to all incoming calls remotely.
As the morale of our employees is of utmost importance to us, we have also implemented a daily electronic communication and each manager connects with his/her department through regular Zoom meetings. We are confident that our service levels will continue to remain at the very high standard our stakeholders are accustomed to and expect of us.
The OBS’ Annual General Meeting is scheduled for 13 May 2020 and we request stakeholders to keep the date available for now. A final decision on how to continue is pending and will be communicated after the 21-day lockdown period.
We are committed to the cause and believe it is of paramount importance that we “flatten the curve”. We urge everyone to take every precaution to stay healthy and safe.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or 0860 800 900 or any
staff member directly if you have any questions regarding our operations during this period.